Remarketing is when we show ads to people who have previously interacted with your brand (either having previously visited your website, used your app or otherwise used your services) and/or adjust the bids for our ads higher or lower to show to an audience of people who have previously visited your website or purchased your products or services. In the world of digital marketing, the “lowest hanging fruit” (or the most effective advertising) is remarketing.
How many times have you been to a website, then visited a completely different website (like news.com.au, Facebook, Gumtree or Ebay) and were amazed to see an ad for the first website somewhere on the page of the different website?
Does it feel like that advertiser is watching you?
Welcome to a remarketing audience!
Everyone knows it usually takes more than one hit of the marketing hammer (or more than one touchpoint) to prompt a sale. Quite often it takes several visits to get a buyer “across the line” in the sales process. Google remarketing is perfect to keep in front of your prospective customers. The more times the person visits your site the closer you are to converting them to a sale.
Remarketing uses a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising model so you only pay when someone clicks through to your website. One of its biggest advantages is that impressions (when your ad shows) are actually free. This means once the ads are configured and up and running, they’re essentially free branding ads!
How does Google Display Remarketing work?
A visitor’s computer will store details about the fact that their device was used to view your website. Privacy is respected as there is no personal information about the user stored, just some basic information to help identify their device. When that same device is used to view another website on the Google Display Network, Google will show the user your advertisement, reminding them of their visit and enticing them back to your website.
What types of remarketing ads can I run?
We can employ several different strategies using remarketing audiences.
- Build Awareness: Want to reinforce your brand with people who have previously visited your website to keep you top of mind? We can create professionally designed display ads (or static ads) where the primary objective is to reinforce your brand with a user who has previously visited your website.
- Influence Consideration: Want to influence customers before they act? We can create professionally designed display ads (or static ads) where the primary objective is to inspire customers who have previously visited your website to buy your products or services when they are considering various options.
- Drive Action: Want to get customers who have previously visited your website to take action now (buy, call or visit your business or install or engage with your app)? We can create professionally designed display ads (or static ads) where the primary objective is to get a customer who has previously visited your website to act now. Even better, for advertisers on Google’s Shopping Network, we can employ Dynamic Product Ads!
What are Dynamic Product Ads?
Dynamic Product Ads (otherwise known as Dynamic Remarketing Ads) are professionally designed display ads that show the specific e-commerce product (with pricing information) to a user who has previously viewed that product on your website. The ads require a product feed (like in a Shopping campaign) and can be used to:
- Target abandoned carts or products viewed on your website
- Target previous buyers on your website for upsell opportunities
- Target previous buyers on your website who purchased 1 type of product to consider purchasing a different complimentary product
Contact us today to get your remarketing ads on the Google Display Network.